Here's how you can help in the fight for same-sex rights.
Changes to Title IX: Open for Comments
Now through Sept 12, anyone can submit a comment on the proposed changes to Title IX, which would eliminate sex-based rights in favor of gender ideology. You can view the proposed changes here and our comment as an organization here.
Please make your voice heard—we need everyone’s support!
Please sign and share: the proposed Feminist Amendments to the Equality Act would ensure sex and sexual orientation as protected classes while also protecting gender-nonconforming individuals from discrimination. Without amendment, the act erases both sex and sexual orientation by grouping them with “gender identity,” which is not defined and which represents an ideology that denies the reality and significance of biological sex. We cannot protect same-sex rights or women’s sex-based rights without acknowledging sex as a class.
Share our Equality Act Mythbusting article and show your support by endorsing the amendments here:
Support LGB Krov
Our brothers and sisters in Serbia are working through LGSM (Lesbian and Gay Solidarity Network) to help lesbian, gay and bisexual youth threatened by homelessness and left without family support due to homophobia. Learn more on their Patreon below (scroll for English) and please consider supporting their important work.
Our parent organization is working on a number of efforts to protect and advance same-sex rights in the UK.
More Ways to Take Action
Know of other LGB rights campaigns?
Let us know!
Contact Your Reps
Use these as a guide when reaching out:
My name is [Name]. I am a constituent of [Senator or Representative Name] and I reside in [Zip Code]. I am calling regarding the Equality Act. I object to the passage of this version of the Act. The current Equality Act conflates sex and sexual orientation with gender identity and thus eliminates the sex-based rights of women and girls as well as the same-sex rights of lesbian, gay men, and bisexuals. This problem can be solved starting with the removal of “gender identity” and instead adding these four words: “Sexual orientation” and “sex stereotyping.” Please ask [Name or Representative or Senator] to call for a hearing on the Equality Act; to read the Feminist Amendments and the letter received from the Coalition for Feminist Amendments, and to consider incorporating these Amendments into the bill. Thank you.
Dear [Representative or Senator Name],
I am a constituent residing in [Zip Code] and I am writing in support of the Coalition for Feminist Amendments to the Equality Act (CoFA), a national alliance of individuals and organizations representing feminists as well as lesbian, gay, and bisexual people.
As currently written, the Equality Act conflates sex and sexual orientation with the concept of “gender identity” and thus eliminates the sex-based rights of women and girls as well as the same-sex rights of lesbian, gay men, and bisexuals. By eliminating sex as a protected class, the bill as currently written would:
- Undermine targeted remedies for the exclusion or underrepresentation of women and girls in education as well as in jobs and professions traditionally held by men.
- Eradicate competitive women’s sports by undermining Title IX protections.
- Make it impossible to track (and remedy) disparity between the sexes, such as the pay gap and domestic violence, which is overwhelmingly male violence against women.
- Prevent the gathering of accurate crime, health, and medical research statistics.
The Feminist Amendments to the Equality Act provide a simple solution to protect and enhance vital civil rights of women, LGB people, and gender-nonconforming people without negating sex-based protections. This solution begins with just these four words:
“Sexual orientation” and “sex stereotyping.”
The Feminist Amendments:
- Eliminate the subjective category of “gender identity,” which is not clearly defined, and instead establish two new categories of civil rights law: “sexual orientation” and “sex stereotyping,” which will not eliminate sex-based protections and will effectively protect all classes.
- Contain clear definitions of sex and sex stereotyping that will preserve female facilities and programs, allowing women and girls to participate fully in public life, and enabling the protection of same-sex rights.
- Protect lesbians, gay men, bisexuals, and all people who do not conform to imposed gender roles and stereotypes, including people who identify as transgender, from discrimination in employment, housing, credit, and places of public accommodation.
- Allow for the establishment of gender-neutral facilities for individuals who may feel safer or more comfortable in such spaces, provided the availability and access to female-only facilities are not diminished.
- Allow each protected class to continue to make progress toward achieving true equality.
It is urgent that the Senate and House conduct hearings to gather evidence on the conflicts of the current version of the Equality Act. Please contact members of CoFA who can provide additional significant evidence to support the necessity of the Feminist Amendments.
[Your name and the name of your organization, if applicable]